| | 0 comments
Director of People & Culture
min to read ✭
Director of People & Culture
Community Boost is looking to welcome a highly motivated, Director of People & Culture to our team. This role will report directly to the CEO and will support delivering the best employee experience possible because we believe when our team is happy, our clients win and our company is stronger. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to jump right in and build off the foundation we have created to own the employee life cycle and HR priorities.
This role is perfect for those who will work in close partnership with the CEO, COO and department leads to provide support to the organization for all people-related matters, ranging from consistent recruitment, organizational development, performance management, employee relations, and leadership development.
The Employee Lifecycle stage may look like this:
- Establishes and leads the talent acquisition process to ensure candidates meet or exceed the identified competency and performance expectations.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings. Monitors and leverages the best sources to use to fill openings, with a focus on recruiting through diverse sources.
- Manages the talent acquisition and onboarding process to provide a strong candidate experience. Works in partnership with the hiring manager to provide a comprehensive new hire onboarding experience
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Conducts periodic surveys to measure employee satisfaction and employee engagement and consistently recommends and helps implement strategies to increase Community Boost’s own team advocacy %.
- Manages the performance management system (Lattice) as well as Feedback 360s and performance review process, providing appropriate guidance and training on process and tools.
- Guides management to effectively manage performance, including completion of employee performance reviews, goal setting, and coaching. Own company-wide alignment and accountability with the OKR system.
- Develop and manage Community Boost’s internship program with the goal of it running multiple times a year and being known as the best program in San Diego
Human Resources Administration:
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
- Act as a cultural steward; work with team members at all levels to further develop overall capability to foster a healthy, cohesive, collaborative, fun, fair, and equitable workplace.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in People & Culture, talent management, and employment law.
- Works in collaboration with C-Level and managers to facilitate employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Leverages HR technology systems to streamline processes for accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintains positive, collaborative relationships with external partners.
- Work autonomously to communicate and track all required compliance training, i.e. reviews, harassment training, new hire training, etc.
- Chair internal Community Boost DEI Committee to enhance DEI efforts across the board, including recruitment, learning and development, and performance and career advancement. Support and enable expanded DEI training, tools, resources, and guidance.
What You Bring
- You are HR Certified
- An undeniable passion for HR, talent, culture, and organizational development. Our people are our best asset! It all starts with leadership who inspires constant growth, positivity and empowering company culture.
- Professional services experience is ideal and a digital marketing agency is a big plus!
- Top-of-Market salary. High Base No Bonus but growth-oriented.
- Paid holidays + Flexible PTO from day one. Plus, birthdays are personal paid days off.
- Full benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a fully company-covered life insurance plan.
- Flexible WFH hours & Full-Remote Policies.
- Supporting inspiring & high-impact clients.
- Being surrounded by high-performing, motivated colleagues.
- A strong “don’t please your boss” culture with radical candor and transparency.
- A dynamic culture of passionate people who work hard, have fun, and love a challenge.
- A dog-friendly office located in the heart of Little Italy – surrounded by great restaurants and coffee shops
- The ability to work every day to empower social ventures changing the world
About Community Boost:
Community Boost is a remote-first, San Diego-headquartered, a digital marketing agency that exists to empower social ventures changing the world. Just in the past year, the Community Boost team has directly served over 400 nonprofits and generated over $40 million in online donations. Trusted by the Equal Justice Initiative, Cancer Research Institute, charity:water, KIVA, and many other great causes, Community Boost has been committed to helping the social sector scale online revenue and impact since 2012. Community Boost also runs twice a year, the Nonprofit Marketing Summit, which has helped inspire and educate over 60,000 nonprofit leaders since its launch in 2020.
Excited about this role but not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? We encourage you to apply anyway.
We’re always looking for talented people of all backgrounds to join our team. We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities, are especially encouraged to apply.