Be the first to get Free Digital Marketing Resources + Insights
Trusted by 50,000 nonprofits
Email Marketing Specialist
min to read ✭
Community Boost is seeking an Email Marketing Specialist (EMS) to help our clients achieve greater success with their email marketing efforts. The EMS will focus on developing a high-level email marketing strategy customized for each client, as well as leading effective and engaging client meetings to oversee the implementation of their individually customized strategy. This position is for you if you are a lifelong learner with a passion for email and a desire to rapidly expand this area of business in the nonprofit sector.
- Collaborate with Community Boost leadership to consistently improve email service offerings, positioning, packaging, pricing, and more.
- Directly support client meetings to provide customers with an automation strategy and assign tasks for their team to complete, then audit their work and provide final tweaks and feedback.
- Create effective target audiences and segments for each message to drive engagement and revenue performance in relation to KPI goals.
- Develop a strategy and copy for email campaigns that onboard, engage, and retain potential and current nonprofit donors by collaborating across departments. Using CRM and email automation software to send out email blasts, newsletters, and other communications in order to increase brand awareness and donor retention.
- Research nonprofit donors’ lifecycles and how they interact with their brand to understand the best ways to reach them through email.
- Use email marketing concepts and metrics to measure and optimize email campaigns in order to improve open rates, deliverability, click rates, and conversion rates, as well as meet specific business objectives.
- Improve the storytelling and impact of client-written copy with direct edits and/or comments, edits, and suggestions.
- Examine the effectiveness of email campaigns and A/B tests. Document findings and make recommendations for strategic next steps.
What you bring:
- Email marketing experience of at least 2-3 years is required
- Agency experience of at least 1 year is preferred
- Proven experience managing an email marketing program
- Hands-on experience in scaling email marketing automation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills
- Experience developing automation and launching campaigns across multiple platforms
- Ability to plan, coordinate, organize and supervise multiple projects simultaneously
- Inbound HubSpot email automation experience is preferred
- HubSpot Academy certifications are preferred
- Starting Salary band: $65,000 to $75,000
- Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance; flexible paid time off plus birthdays are personal paid days off; paid parental leave; paid holidays; and more.
- Flexibility to work in an office based in the heart of sunny Little Italy, San Diego, or fully remote!
About Community Boost:
Community Boost is a remote-first, San Diego-headquartered, a digital marketing agency that exists to empower social ventures changing the world. Just in the past year, the Community Boost team has directly served over 400 nonprofits and generated over $40 million in online donations. Trusted by the Equal Justice Initiative, Cancer Research Institute, charity:water, KIVA, and many other great causes, Community Boost has been committed to helping the social sector scale online revenue and impact since 2012. Community Boost also runs twice a year, the Nonprofit Marketing Summit, which has helped inspire and educate over 60,000 nonprofit leaders since its launch in 2020.
Excited about this role but not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? We encourage you to apply anyway. We’re always looking for talented people of all backgrounds to join our team. We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities, are especially encouraged to apply.
Community Boost participates in E-Verify and will provide your Form I-9 information to the federal government to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Community Boost is required to provide you with written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or the Social Security Administration (SSA) to begin resolving the issue before taking any action against you, including terminating your employment. E-Verify can only be used by Community Boost after you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.