Michael Levack | | Analytics | 0 comments
How to Create a Google Tag Manager Account
2 min to read ✭ In this post, we will teach you how to create a new Google Tag Manager account.
Google Tag Manager is an incredible tool that can be used for your nonprofit alongside Google Analytics to get more in-depth with tracking to better understand conversions, site analytics, and more. Tag Manager also works seamlessly with Google Ads supporting conversion tracking, basic remarketing, and dynamic remarketing. In order to get started, you’ll need to create a Google Tag Manager account. We’ll show you how.
1. Go to the Google Tag Manager home page.
2. Click “Start for Free.” You will then see a screen like this.
3. Click “Create Account” in the top right corner.
4. Enter your organization’s name, select your location, and select the check box if you’d like to share your data with Google.
5. Then enter the name for the Tag Manager container. Place your URL here so it’s easy to differentiate the containers in the event that you end up using a different Tag Manager container for another domain in the future. Select “Web” for your Target Platform.
6. Click “Create” and you’re done!